This is a little embarrasing. This page is like a "guilty pleasure" to me. But, honestly, I love Vanity Fair magazine and like nobody sells the english version in paper I have to read the articles by the internet.

I really don't remember how I discovered the link. Maybe it appeared while I was looking for some information about the photographer Annie Leivobitz (whose work I absolutly love!). By the way, I have to say that the visual component of the magazine is fantastic. It has a wonderful desing and lots of magic photo shoots.

Moreover, I have to say that Vanity Fair is not just about famous people, film stars and senseless topics. In fact, William Langewiesche is one of the journalists that works in the magazine. In every issue, he writes about politic and lots of very importants topics. One of his best stories is about the life of the soldiers in Iraq. If you search in Vanity Fair's website, you will find that wonderful story (its name is Rules Of Engagement).

In Vanity Fair, there are also lots of very good interviews.

Because of the photos, the stories and the interviews, I visit the website twice or three times a month. The magazine is launched monthly, so visit the website more times in a month would be senseless.

I really hope that you read the articles and break your ideas about Vanity Fair. You're cordially invited.

(8) Comments

  1. Aliciooo On 1 de mayo de 2009, 10:26

    Fashion Journalists rule. They`re soooo damn lucky; win money like insane, meet famous people, go to important fashion events and they have to get dress beautifully.
    Working in Vanity Fair or a magazine like that would be my dream job. xD

    bye :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

     
    NN On 1 de mayo de 2009, 14:43

    (: Once I was searching photos of an actress wuahahaha and I came to VF.
    I really like it (:
    kiss .

     
    Ryuneuv On 1 de mayo de 2009, 19:48

    Quite amazing! You know I like that type of magazines too. It's a fortunate choice if you get to work in that sort of media: you write about many subjects, including politics as you say, interviewing celebrities, attending events, etc.

    Vanity Fair, an outstanding magazine :3
    Hugs, and see you Nacho ;D

     
    Oriana Miranda On 1 de mayo de 2009, 20:18

    I´ve guilty pleasures too, so don´t feel shamed! I love fashion and all this "girlsh" magazines :P Great choice!

    Thanks Nacho for help me when Sofi isn´t.
    Kisses, kisses and more kisses.

     
    Sofía On 3 de mayo de 2009, 22:07

    I have been looking fot VF in Santiago and I couln't find it!!!!! It was so dissapointing...
    I like it too...so, don't feel guilty because it's totaly cool =D

     
    Paula On 7 de mayo de 2009, 6:01

    Hi Ricrdo, great job.

    I think you might like this website to check or look information up:

    http://www.urbandictionary.com

    You get 2 points.

    Paula

     
    Fran On 9 de mayo de 2009, 13:35

    Good picture. I like the withe and black too, specially if it was taken for a woman.

     
    Paula On 14 de mayo de 2009, 12:49

    Hi Ricardo. Thank you for giving me a gift to the senses. I checked the site. You are definitely an artist.

    This is the assessment criteria for Task 4:

    -All aspects of the task are very well handled. 3 points.

    -Excellent use of lexical resources. 3 points.

    -Grammar is adequate despite minor errors. 2 points.

    -FINAL SCORE: 8 POINTS = 6.5

    See you in class.

    Paula



    -

     

Publicar un comentario