I really don't know if this is the best photograph of Annie Leibovitz, but I definetly like it. Especially the expression on the woman's face and the black and white effect. I think that black and white gives something special to the photos... a melancholic atmosphera that I love. Although there are times when a photo has to be in colour, the black and white effect is never "out of fashion".

My selected photo shows a woman with a disinterested expression on her face. The woman is in a forest with trees full of flowers. She is all dressed in black, sit in a chair by a table. On the table there is a glass with a black liquid inside. It could be just Coke, but it could be another thing too. I really don't know when the picture was taken.

I started my entry saying that I was not sure if this is the best photo of Leibovitz. Now I'm going to explain why. This photo is part of a book called Women. That book is full of woman's portraits. They're all magnificents so it's hard for me to pick just one. All the photos are of women that have a great story to talk about. The book shows that women can do anything, from the littlest thing to the bigger one. In fact, there are photos of great politicians in the book. It has also a essay written by Susan Sontag. She was an american philosopher who was engaged with Annie the last years of her life.

Leibovitz has also made a lot of beautiful photos for important magazines, such as Rolling Stones, Vogue and Vanity Fair. They're all great too. But that is part of another story.

I hope you have the time to see some of the Lievobitz's photos. You will not regret.

(4) Comments

  1. Ryuneuv On 7 de mayo de 2009, 16:57

    I agree, you will not regret seeing her photos. She has plenty of great masterpieces. She is someone you can look up to :D.

    If I weren't a fan of certain artist xD, I would have chosen a photo like this one.

    Hugs and take care Nachito :3

     
    Oriana Miranda On 8 de mayo de 2009, 17:33

    We choose the same photographer!! :D
    I love her work, this picture (Women) is very nice too, and so deep.

    Kisses and hugs (:

     
    Sofía On 9 de mayo de 2009, 14:54

    It's soooo beautiful!!!!! So nostalgic and at the same time so tipical,normal.
    I love photos in black and white..they are special, so I capture my special moments in black and white.

    See you!

     
    Agustín Pérez On 11 de mayo de 2009, 19:11

    it was a great choose...
    like sofia said. it seems to be a nostalgic place, like other times and places more peaceful
    i didn´t know the photographer, but it was a quite good job...maybe now i´m gonna search more from her..

    greetings

     

Publicar un comentario