Hi! My name is Ricardo Ignacio Ramírez, but everyone calls me Nacho. I'm studying journalism. This blog is a part of my english course in the university. I'm very happy with it, because I love learning other languages! I'm aware of the importance of learning english, especially for a journalism student, because of the globalization of comunication. If you work for a newspaper or a news tv channel -and you're a lucky guy-, your boss can send you anywhere! And you will need to comunicate. Moreover, english is like a "universal language": anywhere you go, you will find someone who talks in english. So, I hope this course helps me to practice my english. I want to improve my pronunciation.

Now, I'm going to tell you some things about me. I'm 19 years old. I live in Quilicura (in the north part of Santiago de Chile) with my parents and my sister. I love my family, they're wonderful. I like music, literature, cinema and photography. Especially the last one. I always carry my camera!

You already know that I'm a journalism student, but you don't know why I choose that course. ¿Do you want to know? Well, I think there are many things that left unsaid. People needs to know all that happens in front of their eyes, but that they can't really see. So, I have a social reason. I think that only people well informed can make the right choses.
In the other hand, I love culture. So, I really don't know what I'm going to work in when I finish my course.

That's all that I want to say by now. I hope you keep reading. Greetings.
Nacho

(3) Comments

  1. Paula On 16 de abril de 2009, 17:22

    Good Job, Ricardo.

    I see you are an artist. Don´t worry, there´ll be some work on pronunciation and my aim is, I suppose you have noticed, to make you talk about different topics. But for some reason, specially considering you are Journalism students, you are not very talkative. I hope you are just kind of shy, at the beginning.

    The only comment I would make about your blog is that it should be entirely in English.

    Other than that, it is great. You get 1.5 points out of 2.

    See you.

    Paula

     
    Ryuneuv On 23 de abril de 2009, 15:39

    Ricardo, or Nacho as I call you normally. I love learning other languages too, and I truly admire your goal as a journalist, I mean, your "social reason".

    I don't detect any mistake in your first entry, and you introduced yourself perfectly.

    See you.

    Hernie

     
    Fran On 30 de abril de 2009, 15:15

    Hello classmate!

    I like your text because i think that the camera is an important piece of technology and i love take pictures when isn´t for a work for the university.

    well, see you :D

     

Publicar un comentario